FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
76 Revitalization Segment 3 Project Update w/e July 7, 2017
- All three signalized, pedestrian crossings at Presley's Theater, Hollywood Wax Museum and Ripley’s Believe-It-or-Not are completed and operational.
- Underground construction is complete with new 12” water main and conduits for future underground utilities installation.
- All ADA-compliant sidewalks are finished with the exception of the walkway between Highway 165 west to Harvey Lane which will be completed after moving overhead power lines underground.
- All sod and landscaping has been installed.
Schedule for week ending 7/7/2016:
- Touch-up surface improvements (masonry work, light base construction and miscellaneous concrete work) focused at the Titanic Museum and northeast corner of Highway 76 and Francis Street;
- Continue work on the CID expansion to include properties along Highway 76 outside of Segment 3 from Shepherd of the Hills Expressway to U.S. Highway 65;
- No impact to 76 traffic flow
- Improve the appearance, comfort and safety of Highway 76 through buried utilities and unique streetscape beautification that includes wider, decorative sidewalks, lighted seat walls, signalized pedestrian crossings and landscaping;
- Create a safe, efficient interplay of vehicles and pedestrians;
- Segment 3 of the 76 Revitalization extends .6 miles from Presleys’ Theater west to the Branson Ferris Wheel.
Total estimated cost of Segment 3 construction is $15-million to be completed summer 2017.
Media inquiries may be directed to Jennifer Langford, City of Branson Communications Manager at JLangford@BransonMO.gov or by calling 417.337.0017.
Receive Updates Via Text/SMS and Branson Alerts
The City of Branson provides multiple options for residents and visitors to STAY INFORMED via multiple information resources:
About the City of Branson, Missouri: Located in Southwest Missouri, the City of Branson is committed to its citizens and to those who visit here, to ensure a safe and environmentally sound community. We will work as a team to maintain and promote the growth of our City, and to provide professional, courteous service to all through fair and open communication. We look to tomorrow, remembering yesterday, dedicated to excellence today.
Construction Manager: Olsson Associates
Contractors: Tom Boyce Excavating, Branson MO and Carson-Mitchell Inc, Springfield, MO