Branson, MO (March 22, 2017) – Branson’s Annual Spring Cleanup week is just around the corner and residents are gearing up for spring cleaning throughout Branson neighborhoods. In its continued commitment to maintain the Branson’s beauty, the City of Branson Public Works department will conduct its semi-annual pickup service Monday, April 17 thru Thursday, April 20, 2017, helping residents dispose of large unwanted items at no cost.
Households in Branson Wards I, II and III will be able to dispose of brush, limbs and items that are not typically picked up by residential trash haulers such as old appliances, furniture, and mattresses.
Many residents also prefer to hold their yard sales during the semi-annual cleanup week. The City of Branson has recently released the newly revised temporary sign code pertaining to estate, garage and yard sales. Households may now hold three sales per year for a duration of four days per sale, and all require a temporary use permit available at: http://www.bransonmo.gov/309/Applications-Permits.
Approved garage, estate or yard sales are allowed up to four temporary signs that meet the new Branson Municipal Code requirements found at: https://mo-branson.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/6710
The City of Branson Public Works Department will pick up large items, brush and limbs by ward according to the most recent election voting locations on the following dates:
- Ward 1 – Monday, April 17 (for those who vote at Compton Drive Community Center)
- Ward 2 – Tuesday, April 18 (for those who vote at the downtown Presbyterian Church)
- Ward 3 – Wednesday, April 19 (for those who vote at the Methodist Church on Hwy 76)
- Brush and limbs will be picked up in all three wards on Thursday, April 20
A Branson ward map is available at: http://bransonmo.gov/ImageRepository/Document?documentID=3404.
All items, brush and limbs must be placed at the curb by 8:00AM on each ward’s pickup day. City crews will not pick up any garbage normally collected by private refuse haulers. Please note that since pickup crews will not be available to backtrack, residents will need to make special arrangements if they miss their pickup deadline.
Limbs and brush do not need to be bundled, but must be cut and stacked at the curb in manageable 4-foot to 6-foot piles. No more than one dump truck load of limbs and brush will be hauled from any one residence. City crews WILL NOT collect tires, batteries, televisions, computer monitors, bagged leaves or household hazardous waste products. Such items can be disposed at:
- TIRES: Taney County Transfer Station – call (417) 336-6589
- HOUSEHOLD CHEMICALS: Accepted year round at Branson Recycle Center, 601 Compton Drive, Branson, MO. Hours of operation are Monday thru Saturday, 7:00AM-2:00PM.
- ELECTRONICS: Best Buy retail store in Branson Hills recycles household electronics. See “recycling” at www.bestbuy.com for details. Tantone Industries accepts all used electronics from home or businesses; small fee for TV or computer monitors with tubes, freezers or microwaves. Staples on Highway 248 in Branson also accepts household electronics. TVs and computers are accepted by Computer Recycling of Springfield for a small fee – call (417) 866-2588. Verify accepted items and operating hours online or by calling each center in advance.
- BAGGED LEAVES: Green waste may be disposed at the Hansen’s Tree Service facilities in Reeds Spring or Ozark – call (417) 272-8733 for more information. Sunny Hills Garden Center in Kirbyville also accepts bagged leaves and other yard waste all year and may be contacted at (417) 339-4437.
For pickup of exceptionally heavy items like sofas or large appliances, residents are asked to contact Public Works at least 24 hours prior to their scheduled pickup day at (417) 243-2725 to dispatch a special truck for hauling large items.
Questions related to estate, garage and yard sales and Branson Municipal Code requirements may contact Planning & Development at (417) 337-8549.
Receive Updates via Text/SMS and Branson Alerts
The City of Branson provides multiple options for receiving updates via email or Text/SMS messages delivered to mobile devices. Parties may subscribe to receive notifications at: http://mo-branson.civicplus.com/list.aspx. For timely social media updates, “Follow” @CityOfBranson on Twitter, and “Like Us” on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CityBranson and www.facebook.com/Branson.Missouri.9.
Media inquiries related to this content may be directed to Jennifer Langford, Communications Manager, City of Branson at JLangford@BransonMO.gov or by calling 417.337.0017.
About the City of Branson, Missouri: Located in Southwest Missouri, the City of Branson is committed to its citizens and to those who visit here, to ensure a safe and environmentally sound community. We will work as a team to maintain and promote the growth of our City, and to provide professional, courteous service to all through fair and open communication. We look to tomorrow, remembering yesterday, dedicated to excellence today.